Saturday, July 13, 2013

Baseball Cupcake Cake

 Baseball Cupcake Cake

I made this cake for an 11 year old boy in my family.  I decided to try my hand at making a cupcake cake.  I have to say, it is not as easy as it seems, at least it wasn't for me on my first try.  The frosting kept sinking in between the cupcakes and it wouldn't spread right.  It could have been my frosting or the temperature of my house which was sweltering, at least it seemed that way to me.

So...if you were wondering about my technique, I basically made the cupcakes and placed them into a rectangular shape.  There were 35 cupcakes, which it didn't need to be this big but I had so many cupcakes that I didn't want to end up with a ton left at home that I would just toss out.  What a waste, right?  So I figured I would use as many as I could and whatever the family did with the uneaten cupcakes was up to them because they were not going home with me.



Instructions to come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment